Why I Started A Mom Around Town
Hi, I’m Sam! I am mom to a crazy little two year old, wife of 6 years and creator of A Mom Around Town.
I started A Mom Around Town simply because I needed help! When my little guy was first born, I searched forever for mom groups, lactation support, things to get me out of the house and a places with clean changing areas and enough room to push my stroller around.
Every time I found a business or person who was able to help make my life a bit easier, I wanted to shout it from the roof top and tell everyone about it. So I started to think about how I could put that information out there and hoped there would be other moms that could benefit from it. And from there, A Mom Around Town was born!
A Bit About Me
I’m from the midwest, the baby girl with two older brothers. I grew up playing soccer and still love to play anytime I can. I met my husband while we were both in college and after we got married, we were on the rolling 5 year baby plan (anytime we were asked when we’d have kids, the answer was 5 years!)
Those 5 years finally were up in February, 2017 when our baby boy was early and quick (we didn’t make it to the hospital, but that’s a story for another day!). I went from being a Global Operational Excellence Specialist for a huge company, traveling often and planning my own schedule, to being at the beck and call to a tiny screaming creature. Those first weeks were rough…
But after awhile I got the hang of it, and figured out my routine. I’m a pretty big planner, I plan everything and I’m still adapting to my plans being changed by nap times and melt downs.
I quickly learned that being a mom is tough and requires a lot of prayer, a lot of patience and an abundance of snacks!
I can’t put eye liner on to save my life, long to be more stylish than I am, usually sing the lyrics wrong but will do it at the top of my lungs, and dance like the most typical white girl you’ve ever seen.
I think you now know all the good stuff!
What I Believe In
It is very important to me that A Mom Around Town stands for something and upholds my core values. I commit to always:
- Give parents relief from their struggles and concerns by giving them easy access to the resources/services they need
- Talk openly about the struggles of parenthood, as well as faith, love, grace, acceptance and forgiveness
- Be inclusive of all families
- Promote healthy lifestyle
- Never judge of make parents feel guilty
- Give businesses (large, small, non-profit) a platform to reach parents
- Partner with businesses who are aligned with our mission
- Promote God-focused groups, events and businesses
- Serve by building community between businesses and families
- Grow to meet the needs and current struggles of parents